Remote ViewingThe Real Story
R E M O T E
* V I E W I N G
Viewing -- The Real Story is a book being placed in the
Internet and WWW in serialized form, with continuing segments
appearing at unscheduled intervals because of the time necessary
to complete each segment.
The book is appearing in this fashion because the top five publishers in these United States rejected it on the grounds that the public interest in the real story of remote viewing is minimal and the story is of no real mainstream interest.
The author has nonetheless determined that a record of the story should be available for open-and-free-access historical purposes and for those who might chance to have interest.
For purposes of accuracy, the book is very carefully based on documents existing in the author's voluminous, chronological archives as well as some in the possession of other sources and resources. All documents substantively depended upon are noted in the text. A complete bibliography of additional sources and other supportive materials will be appended later on.
In those instances where guideline documentation is not available, or never existed, I have confirmed my recall by consulting with one or more direct witnesses of those instances. This follows accepted journalistic procedures which are both traditional and proper.
However, the book, as it must be, is cast in the form of an autobiographical memoir and therefore contains many memories, opinions, deductions and estimations of the author -- and who therefore leans on the freedoms of speech, belief and opinion guaranteed by founding documents generally and equally applicable throughout the United States.
Part One: Beginnings
1919 -- 1971
* * * *
Silence of the heart, practiced with wisdom,
will see a lofty depth;
And the ear of the silent mind will hear untold wonders.
-- Hesychius of Jerusalem
* * * *
- Chapter 1: Circumstances We Get Sucked Into
- Chapter 2: Tiflis, Georgia
- Chapter 3: Telluride, Colorado
- Chapter 4: Mrs. Buell Mullen
- Chapter 5: Mrs. Zelda Suplee
- Chapter 6: Cleve Backster
- Chapter 7: Feedback and Subliminal Perception
- Chapter 8: The Repeatable Experiment
- Chapter 9 : Dr. Gertrude Schmeidler
- Chapter 10: Psychokinesis
Part Two: The Emergence of Remote Viewing At
The American Society For Psychical Research
* * * *
You cannot teach a man anything.
You can only help him discover it within himself.
Today something is happening to the structure of human consciousness.
A fresh kind of life is starting.
-- Teilhard de Chardin
* * *
- Chapter 11: Encountering The Parapsychology Power Syndrome
- Chapter 12: Dr. Karlis Osis
- Chapter 13: Psychic Powers Vs Powers of Biomind
- Chapter 14: Inside The Venerable American Society for Psychical Research
- Chapter 15: Out-Of-Body? And The Emergence Of The Picture Drawings
- Chapter 16: The "Picture Drawings" And My First Ambiguous Success
- Chapter 17: The Emergence of Remote Viewing
- Chapter 18: Janet Lee Mitchell, PhD
- Chapter 19: A "Communication: From The Hard Drive Of Our Species
- Chapter 20: New Year's Day 1972
- Chapter 21: The First Upset At The ASPR
- Chapter 22: Mrs. Ruth Hagy Brod
- Chapter 23: The Calm Before The Storms
- Chapter 24: Some Background Regarding The First Storm At The ASPR
- Chapter 25: The First Storm At The ASPR
- Chapter 26: The First Outbound Remote Viewing Experiment
- Chapter 27: Circumstances Begin Shifting Directions
- Chapter 28: My First Letter To Dr. H.E. Puthoff
- Chapter 29: Calm Before The Second Great Storm At The ASPR
- Chapter 30: The Great Storm At The ASPR
- Chapter 31: Reception For Ingo Swann At ASPR
- Chapter 32: ASPR Disruption
Part Three: Stanford Research Institute (SRI)
* * * *
The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt.
-- Bertrand Russell
What we need is more people who specialize in the impossible.
-- Theodore Roethke
* * *
- Chapter 33: Airborne Into The Impossible
- Chapter 34: Harold E. Puthoff, Ph.D.
- Chapter 35: Stanford Research Institute
- Chapter 36: Social Introductions and Magnetometer Experiments
- Chapter 37: The Varian Hall of Physics, Stanford University
- Chapter 38: Repercussions Begin
- Chapter 39: Realigning Some Garbled History
- Chapter 40: Dr. Shafica Karagulla
- Chapter 41: Dinner at the Tiller's
- Chapter 42: First Intimations of Psychoenergetics
- Chapter 43: Hail to Circumstances Beyond One's Control
- Chapter 44: Puthoff Spreads the Word
- Chapter 45: Dinner With Ruth Hagy and Al Brod
- Chapter 46: Gloria Swanson
- Chapter 47: What Does One Use For Eyes If One Is Out of Body?
- Chapter 48: Uri Geller
- Chapter 49: Researching the Craft of Intelligence
- Chapter 50: In The Library of Congress
- Chapter 51: More Shenanigans and Idiocies at ASPR
- Chapter 52: The Darkest Day of My Life (One of Them, Anway)
- Chapter 53: The Second Visit to SRI
- Chapter 54: Transferring Out of Parapsychology
- Chapter 55:"Thoughts Through Space"
- Chapter 56: The Long-Distance Factor
- Chapter 57: Cognitive Aftermath of "Thoughts Through Space"
- Chapter 58: The Media Hysteria of 1972
More to come ...
Real Story | Contributed
Papers | Contributed RV Papers |
Superpowers/ET Intelligence Probabilities | RV Honor Roll | Superpowers Art
Miscellaneous | Reviews | Species Guild | Welcome | Home
Copyright © 2014, Tom Bergen. All rights reserved.